Start out your diving career with the PADI Adventure Diver certification. You training will include three open water dives in three different specialty areas, such as Deep, Digital Underwater Photography, Wreck and many more. These dives are intended to broaden you diving knowledge, while giving you the chance to find other areas in diving that interest you.
Minimum Age: 10
Please note that some of the dives have minimum ages associated with them.
Course Cost: $200
Prerequisites: Must be a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
Course Fees Include:
- 3 open water dives from 3 different specialties. (see Course Overview for dive descriptions).
- All academic instruction
- Use of all gear, tanks & weights during the course
- All equipment needed to perform each dive (underwater camera, dive lights, etc)
- PADI Adventure Diver Certification Card (good for life)
- Lifetime support - Call or email if you ever have any Scuba-related questions
- Quarry entry fees
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual (required) - $40,
- Transportation & expenses if open water dives are conducted in the ocean.
Equipment Requirements: None required - However, divers should have their own snorkel gear (mask, fins & snorkel). I supply the BCD, regulator & tanks. I have snorkel gear available that you can use until you purchase your own set.
Location: Open Water (quarry or ocean)
The course consists of two parts:
- Academics - The academics is self-study. You choose the 3 types of dives you want to experience out of this list - Minimum ages are listed with each dive specialty:
- Boat (10)
- Deep (12)
- Digital Underwater Photography (10)
- Enriched Air-Nitrox (15)
- Night Dive (12)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy (10)
- Search & Recovery (12)
- Underwater Navigation (10)
- Wreck (12)
Read those chapters in the Adventures in Diving Manual, then answer the Chapter Review Questions. We'll get together to answer any questions you have and review the Chapter Review Questions.
- Open Water dives - The 3 open water dives are conducted either in a local quarry, in Florida or on a Caribbean dive trip. Each of the 3 open water dives includes diving skills related to that particular dive. For example, the Night dive contains skills relative to Night diving, while the Wreck dive concentrates on wreck diving skills. We'll log and discuss each dive following the dives. The 3 open water dives can be completed in one day at the quarry.